Help prevent cracked tile and grout with Schluter®- DITRA and DITRA-XL uncoupling membrane. DITRA and DITRA-XL provides uncoupling, waterproofing, vapor management, and heavy load distribution to ensure durability and integrity of ceramic and stone tile. Constructed of polyethylene, DITRA and DITRA-XL creates a waterproofing layer that protects moisture sensitive substrates like plywood/OSB. Designed with a free-space on the underside of the matting that creates a route for excess moisture and vapor to prevent damage to the tile layer above. In addition, DITRA and DITRA-XL provides adequate load distribution for the tile covering.
DITRA is 1/8" thick, minimizing tile assembly thickness and reducing transitions to lower surface coverings like carpet, engineered woods, and vinyl. It also allows for ceramic tile applications over single-layer plywood or OSB subfloors on joists spaced up to 19.2"o.c. DITRA is listed by cUPC®.
DITRA-XL is 5/16" thick which accommodates transitions between tile and 3/4" thick hardwood flooring. DITRA-XL allows for ceramic tile application over single-layer plywood/OSB subfloors on joists spaced up to 24" o.c.
- Delivers uncoupling, waterproofing, vapor management and heavy load distribution
- Engineered with a grid structure of square cutback cavities and an anchoring fleece laminated underside
- Provides uncoupling through the open rib structure, allowing in-plane movement that neutralizes the differential movement stresses between the substrate and the tile
- Easy to install, ready to receive tile immediately
- DITRA has been found to emit zero VOCs and can contribute towards achieving green building credits