|Print /Email Page|
Clear Acrylic Wall Protection Sheets - #A438
- Sizes and Prices
- Related Products(2)
Clear Plexiglass Acrylic Sheets are a great lightweight, shatter-resistant alternative for glass and are more scratch resistant than polycarbonate. KSC extruded acrylic sheets meet the requirements of ANSI Z97.1 for use as a safety glazing material and are more impact resistant. Cast acrylic sheets meet NES, ICBO, BOCA and SBCCI building codes for light transmitting plastics. These plexiglass sheets are great for so many applications including backsplashes, wall protection, counter and table protection, display cases, and green house or porch windows.
- Thicknesses available: 1/16", 1/8", 3/16", 1/4", 1/2"
- Available in 55 precut sizes
- Color: Clear
- Brand: KofflerPanels
- 55 sizes available
- Thicknesses available: 1/16", 1/8", 3/16", 1/4", 1/2"
- Color: Clear
- Acrylic (polyacrylate) is marketed under many trade names including Plexiglas, Lucite, Perspex, Policril, Gavrieli, Vitroflex, Limacryl, R-Cast, Per-Clax, Plazcryl, Acrylex, Acrylite, Acrylplast, Altuglas, Polycast, Oroglass, Optix.
- These differ from Lexan which is polycarbonate, and is sometimes used as bullet-proof glass. Although it is more shatter-resistant, it is more expensive than acrylic, yellows with prolonged exposure to sunlight, and is much more easily scratched. Therefore acrylic is more ideal for most interior and exterior design purposes.
We recommend using drill bits safe for plastic sheets.
- Recommended Click Here!Plas Drill Bit
- Clear acrylic sheets are also known as plexiglass or Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA)
- Measurements are in Nominal Size - sheet sizes can vary from manufacturer and some are cut from larger sheets, sizing may be +/- saw cut
- Thickness tolerances are +/- 10% on acrylic sheets and can vary throughout the sheet. Normal variance seen is less than 5%.
- Regulatory Code Compliance and Certifications:
- Extruded acrylic sheets meet ANSI Z97.1 requirements for 'Glazing materials designed to promote safety and to reduce or minimize the likelihood of cutting and piercing injuries when the glazing materials are broken by human contact.
- Cast Acrylic Sheets meet the following building requirements for light transmitting plastics: NES (See National Evaluation Services, Inc, Report #NEW-582), ICBO (See ICBO Evaluation Services, Inc. Evaluation Report #3715-CC2 Classification), BOCA and SBCCI (Accept National Evaluation Services, Inc. Report #NER-582)
- Plexiglass is a common term used to describe acrylic. Plexiglas® is a registered brand name. The scientific name for plexiglass or acrylic is Polymethylmethacrylate (PMMA)
- For higher impact resistance than acrylic check out KSC's polycarbonate sheets.
Do you have any questions about this product? Call (888)355-6287, or email us.Questions others have asked:
I was wondering if I can use this instead of sheetrock. Iím framing out a room and donít want to lose the window
Hi Ethan, Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, this product is not a substitute for Sheetrock. Thank you, The Koffler Team
We are looking at putting a Acrylic wall on a wall that has Autographs on it. The wall is easily 100 foot long by 8 foot high. I love the idea of the acrylic vs plexiglas. Question I have is there some kind of (1) stand off pieces that keep the acroleic a little away form the wall. (2) some kind of support that we can drill into the wall and hold the acrylic wall in place.
HI Mark, Thank you for your question. I have just the recommendation. We have actually used this product in our own office to mount a piece of art and standoff from the wall. We sandwiched a print between 2 Acrylic sheets. https://www.displays2go.com/P-17079/Metal-Stand-Offs-for-Spacing-Signage?utm_source=Displays2go&utm_medium=email.ecomm&utm_campaign=Shipment%20Notification%20%7C%20Shipped%20Items Thank you, The Koffler Team
What thickness of acrylic sheet is best used as a wall protector in a childcare center hallway
Hi Chetna, Thank you for your question. It really all depends on the size of the wall. If it's a small wall it doesn't have to be that thick. The larger the wall the thicker it should be so it doesn't bow. Also, you can go thinner if there's some sort of frame around the acrylic. So it really varies based on the application. I would error on the side of thicker and go with the 1/2" Thank you, The Koffler Team
Hi I would like to use the acrylic sheet as a writing board on the wall. Do you have any suggestion? will it be too heavy to install on the wall? Thanks Christa
Hi Christa, Thank you for your question. We would not recommend using this product for writing on. Here is a great selection of our writing board products, https://kofflersales.com/magnetic-panels.asp Thank you, The Koffler Team
I am looking to put clear acrylic wall protection sheets on the lower part of my elevators. We currently have Plexiglas and it looks terrible when carts hit is. Do your acrylic sheets mark up when they are hit?
Hi Peter, Thank you for your question. Acrylic is much more scratch resistant then Plexiglas and is perfect for the interior of an elevator. Thank you, The Koffler Team
What do you use to glue it to a wall
Hi Tim, Thank you for your question. Unfortunately we do not have experience with any of our customers glueing this product to walls, as the glue would show through the Acrylic and wouldn't look to nice. Our customers either drill holes through the Acrylic and fasten with screws or secure it with molding around the parameters. Thank you, The Koffler Team
Hello, I have 3 recliners that are hitting the walls behind them. To protect the wall would you advise me to purchase 3 of the above clear Plexiglass acrylic sheet #A438? 1/16"D x 24"W x 48"L Or would you recommend something else? Whatever I purchase I prefer it to be clear in color. Thank you for your assistance!
Hi Mother JohnMary, Thank you for your question. The 1/16" clear Plexiglass sheet you mentioned is a great option. Another option is our 4", 6", or 8" x 96" rub rails, which you can cut with a utility knife to fit the area on the wall that's being hit by the chair. The nice thing about this product is that it comes in a wide array of colors. Here is a link to the product, http://kofflersales.com/p/chair-rail-vinyl-strips-and-sheets.asp?cid=2636 Thank you, The Koffler Team
I am looking to cover 4 walls with 10foot ceilings. Each wall is a different size and so I'll need to cut to size, but my question is: can I order a specific length longer than 96"? Thanks, Erika
Hi Erika, Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, we do not perform custom cuts. However, you can order 120" piece and cut it yourself. Thank you, The Koffler Team
I am emailing in behalf of the Lamar Public Library in Lamar CO and we have two walls that we would like to be covered by plexiglass to protect the murals behind them. One wall is 137 inches wide and the other is 128 inches at the base and needs some custom cutting as it is a puppet stage and a window has been cut out of the wall. The edge of the wall is not straight on one side as well. We would need the plexiglass to go up 4 feet and needs to be thick enough that a child banging a chair against it wont break it. I am seeking a quote to cover these two walls. Is there anyway I could send photos for greater clarification? Thank you for your attention to this matter. Sara Clark
Hi Sara, Thank you for your question. The best way to receive an accurate quote would be to send a shop drawing (and photos) since there's going to be custom cuts. However, If you have a person on staff that has an electric saw, it may be best to buy 48" x 144" sheets plus a blade and have them cut on site. If you want to send shop drawings and photos, please have them sent to firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you, The Koffler Team
Hi, I am looking to get a 60 inch round mat for my kitchen table. Would this be effective in that capacity? What would it cost to have it cut to 60 inches round? Thank you, Erin
Hi Erin, Thank you for your question. It may work, however what about the chairs, they may scratch the surface or hit the edges. Please feel free to send an e-mail with your specifications including thickness to email@example.com. Thank you, The Koffler Team
can this material be cut effectively? sawed or scored?
Hi Kirwin, Thank you for your question. Yes, this product can be cut effectively with a 10" 80 Tooth Saw Blade .625 or a 7.25" 60 Tooth Saw Blade .625" for Plexiglass Acrylic. If you would like to purchase one, please indicate in the Special Comments of the shopping cart, that you would like us to quote you on the specific blade you would like. Thank you, The Koffler Team
Product color is as described under 'Sizes and Prices'Clear Acrylic Wall Protection Sheets KofflerPanels https://kofflersales.comp/clear-plexiglass-acrylic-sheets.asp3.0 2
Clear Plexiglass Acrylic Sheets are a great lightweight, shatter-resistant alternative for glass and are more scratch resistant than polycarbonate. KSC extruded acrylic sheets meet the requirements of ANSI Z97.1 for use as a safety glazing material and are more impact resistant.
- Corner Guards Wall Protectors
- Wall Guards and Wall Protection
- Wall Guard Bumpers by McCue
- Chair Rail Ideas
- Plastic Handrails - Interior
- Diamond Plate & Smooth Metal Trim | Sheets
- Wall Planks - peel and stick
- Grab Bars | Straight and Angled | Floor to Wall
- Corner Guards Wall Protection by InPro
- Door Stops
- Wall Protection Sheets and Planks
- Wall Base | Vinyl | Rubber | Metal
- Floor Mounted Bumper Guards
- Koffler Sales, LLC
- © Copyright 2020. All rights reserved. 1-888-355-MATS
- Privacy Statement