Create an elegant, discrete, minimum reveal transition with Schluter®-SCHIENE; designed to provide edge protection where tile borders carpet, expansion joints, or as a decorative edging for stairs. SCHIENE is available in stainless steel, solid brass, aluminum, and anodized aluminum to meet your design needs. All models feature a trapezoid perforated anchoring leg which is secured to the mortar bond coats under the tile, and a vertical wall section that is sloped at 87° designed to transfer point loads to the substrate and surface covering while protecting the tile edges from damage. SCHIENE models in aluminum, anodized aluminum and solid brass also feature a 5° sloped top flange and fillet at the anchoring leg/vertical section interface that provides additional edge protection by reducing stresses on tile. In addition, sizes greater than 1/4" in the solid brass, aluminum, and anodized aluminum models feature an integrated joint spacer which creates a defined joint cavity between the tile and the profile.
- Provides tile edge protection where tile is bordered by carpet, expansion joints, or wood
- May be used as decorative edging for stairs
- Discrete 1/8" wide visible surface
- Length: 8' 2-1/2"
- Heights: Ranging from 3/32" to 1-3/16"
- Available in: Stainless Steel and Brushed Stainless Steel, Solid Brass, Aluminum, Satin Anodized Aluminum, Bright Chrome Anodized Aluminum, Bright Nickel Anodized Aluminum, Bright Copper Anodized Aluminum, Bright Brass Anodized Aluminum