Floor is one of the major components of any housing facility and therefore floor protection and repair is equally as important as other parts of the house. It won’t be realistic to think of floor protection if you do not have any idea about the kind of floor you have at your place of residence.
There are very many types of floor available today. This majorly depends on the kind of materials used to make the floor. Some of the most common types of floors include:
– Hardwood floors; it is made from oak, pine, walnut etc. Although it looks very beautiful while still new, it can darken or shrink making it to have a very boring look.
– Bamboo floors; just as the name suggests, these types of floors are made of bamboo. They are durable though without any proper floor protection mechanisms then it can also wear out very fast.
– Ceramic tile floors; it is known for water proof traits unlike the hardwood and the bamboo floors. The beauty and the ease to clean a given floor will always depend on the type of tiles used as there are numerous types at various home improvement house ware houses.
– Laminated floors; are mostly used where high level of traffic is experienced. It is also easier to maintain after its installation
– Marble floors; they can be cleaned easily besides being durable and can also be engraved with different designs with a lot of ease.
These are some of the most common types of floors amongst others. Although care and maintenance of these floors vary to some extent, there are a number of general practices which are applicable to all when it comes to floor protection. In this article, we shall briefly look at some of the best mechanism to ensure that the different types of floors maintain their original nature.
Cleanliness; before you think of any sort of mechanist, it is advisable to keep your floor clean all the time. This may include simple things such swiping your feet before you step on the floor and drying any form of water on the floor. This is because floor such as those are from wood will wear out when exposed to too much water.
In an attempt to enhance proper floor protection, there are very many types of carpets which can also be used to minimize the amount of dust getting in contact with the floor while the water resistant carpets helps to maintain the wood floors as it won’t allow water to be in contact with the floor. Other than water and dust, there are some other liquids which may also corrode the floor. The floor can also be protected from these kinds of damage by the use of carpets and therefore a carpet plays a significant role for people who really treasure the surface of their floors.
Floor protection can also be achieved by not heating the floor with hard materials which can cause it to crack or dragging very rough materials across the floor which might cause the surface of the floor to either break or scratch.
For the surface of the floor to be maintained, everybody must be involved as it’s a collective responsibility.