|Print /Email Page|
Carpet Shims and Ramps by TRAXX - #A4722
- Sizes and Prices
- Related Products(4)
Floor transition height differences no longer a problem with TRAXX Composite Board Carpet Ramps and Shims. Great anytime carpet flooring is installed next to hardwood, ceramic tile, stone, marble, or other hard surface flooring where there is a rise between the sub-floor and the hard surface. Ideal for general residential floor transition applications; as well as applications to level cabinets, walls, windows, doors and more! Ramps and shims available to assist with ADA (American Disabilities Act) compliance.
- Increase safety by leveling floor transitions
- Reduces tripping hazards
- Composite board construction
- Easy to install
- 8" x 32" Composite Board Ramps: ¼", 3/8", 1/2" thicknesses
- 12" x 48" Composite Board Ramps: ¼", 3/8", 1/2" thicknesses
- 1" x 24" x 48" Composite Board Super Shim
- Composite Board Side Shim: 3/8", 1/2" thickness
- #LUR-B160830-KIT - Includes one 1/2"H x 8"W x 30"L Level-up Ramp and two 45 degree side shims
- #LUR-B161230-KIT - Includes one 1/2"H x 12"W x 30"L Level-up Ramp and two 45 degree side shims
- #LUR-B080830-KIT - Includes one 1/4"H x 8"W x 30"L Level-Up Ramp, no side shims
- #LUR-B120830-KIT - Includes one 3/8"H x 8"W x 30"L Level-up Ramp and two 45 degree side shims
- #LUR-B121230-KIT - Includes one 3/8"H x 12"W x 30"L Level-up Ramp and two 45 degree side shims
Want more information?
See the following Product Information Sheet(s):
- Carpet leveling ramps and shims
- Composite board construction
- Engineered for general residential applications
- May be used to level cabinets, walls, windows, doors and floors
- 8" x 32" Composite Board Ramps: Provide a gentle, smooth transition from hard surface to carpet. Often used in doorways of less than 48" width (e.g. hallway doorway applications). Short transition ramp keeps transition close to the wall and out of the hallway. Available in ¼", 3/8", and 1/2" thicknesses.
- 12" x 48" Composite Board Ramps: 12" angle provides a gentle, smooth transition from carpet to hard surface. Typically installed in openings that are 48" or wider and where ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) is of concern. Available in ¼", 3/8", and 1/2" thicknesses.
- 1" x 24" x 48" Composite Board Super Shim: Great for extreme height differences between carpet and hard surfaces like marble or stone. The Super Shim is ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) compliant. 24" width by 48" long and 1" thick at the high side. Designed for installations where there is a rise of 1-1/4" to 1-1/2" between the sub-floor and the hard surface.
- Composite Board Side Shim: Triangle shaped shims provide a taper to the left and right side of the shim, eliminating the drop off. Available in 3/8" and 1/2" thicknesses.
- How to choose the right ramp thickness: Generally, if you measure the height of the rise from the sub-floor to the top of the hard surface, then subtract 1/2" this will be the ramp thickness you will want to install. The exception to this general rule is if you are installing extremely thick or thin carpet, you may need a thicker or thinner ramp.
Do you have any questions about this product? Call (888)355-6287, or email us.Questions others have asked:
I have two questions: How long does it take to get carpet shims delivered to my home? I do not see the universal side shims for 1/4" shims. Do you make them? Thank you.
Hi Shirley, Thank you for your question. Unfortunately, we can not manufacturer a 1/4" shim. All of our shims ship in 2 days. However, maybe our Sub-Floor Levers can help you. Thank you, The Koffler Team
Hi! I am replacing carpet with luxury vinyl planking (over plywood subfloor). Where the new planking will meet the bathroom tile (over backerboard), there will be a 1/2 inch drop when installation is complete. I do not like the "reducer" strips that are customarily used, as the slope is a tell-tale sign that the planking is not real wood. What product can I use to alleviate the dramatic "slope" created by the height differences between the ceramic tile and the vinyl planking?
Hi Lee, Thank you for your question. You can certainly use this product, or Sub-Floor levelers like these products, https://kofflersales.com/p/subfloor-leveler-by-roppe.asp https://kofflersales.com/p/johnsonite-sub-floor-leveler.asp Another option would be a transition strip like this, https://kofflersales.com/p/roppe-wheeled-traffic-transitions.asp?cid=2584 Thank you, The Koffler Team
I am looking at CSR-CO80832-18. Dimensions are 1/4" x 8" x 32". Is the high side 1/4" or the low side? In other words, is the maximum thickness 1/4" or the minimum thickness 1/4". Looks like maximum, but I need to be sure. I plan to use to level plank flooring not carpet. Looks like it should work. You see any issues? I will probably need a couple of cases so I want to be sure it will work before I purchase. Thanks, Bruce Thiele
Hi Bruce, Thank you for your question. Yes, the 1/4" is the high side. As for any other issues it sounds pretty cut and dry. However, without seeing the project it's hard to tell 100%. Please make sure you use the proper underlayment over the shimms. The flooring company will be able to spec that for you. Thank you, The Koffler Team
I'm looking to use this to level a fish tank stand that is 24x24. Once filled with water it will weight 680lbs. Will this composite carpet shim support the weight?
Hi Nicholas, Thank you for your question. Yes, it should support the weight. However, if it gets wet or chemicals spill on it, the material will break down. Also, here is a link to another product to take a look at that won't breakdown from water. However chemicals it may. https://kofflersales.com/p/subfloor-leveler-by-roppe.asp?cid=2584 Thank you, The Koffler Team
Product color is as described under 'Sizes and Prices'Carpet Shims and Ramps by TRAXX Traxx https://kofflersales.comp/ramps-shims.asp?cid=36805.0 2
Floor transition height differences no longer a problem with TRAXX Composite Board Carpet Ramps and Shims. Great anytime carpet flooring is installed next to hardwood, ceramic tile, stone, marble, or other hard surface flooring where there is a rise between the sub-floor and the hard surface.
- Corner Guards Wall Protectors
- Wall Guards and Wall Protection
- Wall Guard Bumpers by McCue
- Chair Rail Ideas
- Plastic Handrails - Interior
- Diamond Plate & Smooth Metal Trim | Sheets
- Wall Planks - peel and stick
- CS Acrovyn Corner Guards
- Grab Bars | Straight and Angled | Floor to Wall
- Window Sill Products
- Corner Guards Wall Protection by InPro
- Door Stops
- Wall Protection Sheets and Planks
- Wall Base | Vinyl | Rubber | Metal
- Floor Mounted Bumper Guards
- Koffler Sales, LLC
- © Copyright 2021. All rights reserved. 1-888-355-MATS
- Privacy Statement